Starting off your fitness journey with proper guidance will help you achieve your fitness goals quicker. Here are 8 Tips for beginner in gym:
1. Make it a Habit & Get Acquainted: A change turns into habit when you do it for three consecutive weeks. Going to gym occasionally seems to be a good start but making it as a Habit and including it into your daily routine can make a difference in your mind & body.
2. Ask questions & Take help: As a beginner, you won’t be familiar with the latest machines and technologies at the gym. Always take a tour of your gym and get used to it by understanding the mechanisms behind the machines and for which body part they are. Take good instruction from professional trainer related to all the machines. Hitting machines without knowing their impact is useless as you won’t see results.
3. Warm Up: One of the most vital thing before you start your workout. Warming up will help you loosen your joints, increases the blood circulation and prepares muscles for physical activities & shun injuries.
4. Carry necessary things: Always carry towel and bottle of water while going to gym. Also, wear proper shoes so that you can get the exact grip while exercising & change your socks on a daily basis.
5. Follow the instructions– Being a newbie at gym might feel odd, you’ve been instructed to lift light weights and that’s for your benefit. Most often, bad form comes from trying to lift too much weight too soon. Give yourself some time, follow proper instructions & gradually increase pounds in weight whilst decreasing some from your body.
6. Proper Exercise & Diet: Only working out daily won’t bring any change but coupled up with proper diet will help you in getting results. Fitness is 70% diet & 30% exercise. Just stick to cardio and Circuit on alternate days for some months.
7. Gym etiquette’s: As a beginner you need to adapt some gym etiquette’s. It comprises of wearing proper gym attire, placing the used dumbbells back, avoid taking phone calls, etc.
8. Hygiene: It’s strongly recommended to take shower post workout as you will be drenched with sweat. Taking steam twice a week is beneficial as it helps relax stiff joints and muscles after workouts and can help with the recovery process.
Always think about yourself while working out, it helps your mind & body get connect and helps to increase your focus. Although you seem this irrelevant, checking your physiological stats is very important before taking up any form of exercise.
Once you start the journey for fitness, the only thing which improves and improvises is YOU yourself. Go and shred those extra pounds now.
Stay Positive, Stay Fit!